STEVEN MCFEAT | Senior Architect
1. What is your favourite food? Chicken Satay or Nasi Goreng, preferably both at the same time.
2. Who is your favourite Architect / Designer? Always difficult to pick one, Calatrava’s striking designs that combine architecture and engineering to create soaring public spaces and bridges, the theory behind the work of Rem Koolhaas, Luis Carrigan’s use of colour, the sensitivity of combining new and old by Carlo Scarpa, the vernacular exploration of tropical architecture by Geoffrey Bawa
3. What do you love most about the design profession? Knowing that what we create will affect the way people see the world. The buildings we place effect everybody in some way.
4. What’s your favourite building and/or landscape design? Museo Civico di Castelvecchio by Carlo Scarpa is a restoration of a 14th century castle in Verona Italy into an art gallery. It is a sensitive and exquisitely detailed insertion of modern elements into a medieval castle
5. What place is on your bucket list to travel to? Camino de Santiago in Spain pilgrimage walk
6. If you were a super hero, who would you be? The human torch, just to be able to always light the BBQ or campfire.
7. If you weren’t an Architect / L. Architect or Interior designer, what would you be? As a kid I always wanted to be a pilot.
8. What is your hobby? Drawing, illustrating, sketching.
9. What’s your favourite T.V show? Archer
10. What movie can you watch over and over again? Anything from the Japanese anime studio Ghibli – Porco Rosso in particular.