STEVE FISCHER | Graduate Landscape Architect
1. What is your nickname? Steve 2 (or “2.0 new and improved” as I like to say)
2. What is your favourite food? Greek
3. Who is your favourite Architect / Designer? I.M. Pei - mostly for his enthusiasm and joyful expression
4. What do you love most about the design profession? The opportunity to be part of sustainable change
5. What professional skill do you most admire in someone? Humility
6. What are you most afraid of? Existentially? Time, and (my) consumption
7. What’s your favourite building and/or landscape design? Currently, the ‘Centre for Sustainable Landscapes’ in Pennsylvania, United States due to its integration between Architecture and Landscape as an exemplar of holistic design principles
8. What would you like to do that you haven’t yet? So many things. Where do I start? I have a parallel passion for performing music, so some of those goals!
9. What is a place on your bucket list to travel to? Scotland, maybe further north than that
10. What super power do you wish you had? Regeneration
11. If you weren’t a Landscape Architect, what would you be? Session Musician
12. What is your hobby? Playing music professionally, and with friends
13. What is your most valuable professional quality? Diplomacy (hopefully!)
14. If you were Prime Minister of Australia, what is the first thing you would do? I’m from New Zealand, so I can’t become Prime Minister!
15. What does a perfect day look like to you? Definitely coffee and checking out nature things
16. If you could witness any event of the past, present, or future, what would it be? Any of the motown/funk/soul gigs of the 60s/70s for sure!