REBECCA ANDRÉ | Student of Architecture
1. What is your nickname? Bec.
2. What is your favourite food? Chocolate, no question.
3. Who is your favourite Architect / Designer? Le Corbusier. There’s something about his buildings…they’re chunky, fluid, spiritual, grimy, grand and personal all at the same time! Plus I just really like off-form concrete.
4. What do you love most about the design profession? The creative process of making things that have to be useful also things that are beautiful, ergonomic and sustainable.
5. What professional skill do you most admire in someone? Conscientiousness, kindness and a sense of humour.
6. What are you most afraid of? Getting on the train in the morning and realising I’ve forgotten my headphones at home. But seriously, being the reason anything bad happens to my family.
7. What’s your favourite building and/or landscape design? I have to say The Sydney Opera House!
8. What place is on your bucket list to travel to? Mexico.
9. If you weren’t an Architect / L. Architect or Interior designer, what would you be? Probably a theatre designer or choreographer.
10. What is your hobby? Bookbinding; but I also love just wandering around the city when I have spare time and doing little sketches.
11. What’s your favourite T.V show? Lucifer.
12. If you could only keep 5 possessions what would they be? My dog, my fountain pen collection, photo albums, my watch and my copy of “A Brief History of Time”.
13. What does a perfect day look like to you? A morning walk down the street to get a hot cup of coffee, a few hours work at my desk then a car ride to the beach for an afternoon in the sun and a picnic dinner.
14. How would your friends describe you? Fun, caring, loves to laugh!
15. What movie can you watch over and over again? Baz Luhrmann’s “The Great Gatsby”.