PAUL DEVEREUX | Senior Architect
1. What is your nickname? Dev
2. What is your favourite food? Hot Indian Madras curry hotter the better
3. Who is your favourite Architect / Designer? Alvar Aalto is an oldie but a goodie if you love timber
4. What do you love most about the design profession? There is more than one solution to a problem when a design is successful everyone benefits, also the total process of problem solving can be rewarding
5. What professional skill do you most admire in someone? Someone who can distill an an idea clearly simply elegantly by the use of a pencil or pen
6. What’s your favourite building and/or landscape design? The Elbphilharmoniein Hamburg by Herzog & De Meuron
7. What is your most valuable professional quality? Discrimination between what works & what doesn't aesthetically. I can also can sketch.
8. If you were Prime Minister of Australia, what is the first thing you would do? Ensure we are on a sustainable trajectory with support & promotion of new sunrise industries either in energy, Construction, food production, transportation
9. What does a perfect day look like to you? Lying back on a hammock looking up at the trees on a gorgeous light breezy sunny Queensland day without any distractions!