DAVID SEARLE | Graduate Landscape Architect
David Searle is an experienced Landscape Architect and a Graduate Geoscientist. With both national and international experience David has been involved in master planning, concept design, design development and operational works documentation packages across a wide range of sectors including residential, multi residential, commercial, civic, sporting, community, education and corrections.
1. Who is your favourite Architect / Designer? Roberto Burle Marx
2. What do you love most about the design profession? Bridging the division between urban environments and nature
3. What are you most afraid of? Chaos
4. What’s your favourite building and/or landscape design? (The outcome of) Highline, New York (an industrial relic transformed into to a green public space)
5. What place is on your bucket list to travel to? Antarctica
6. If you weren’t an Architect / L. Architect or Interior designer, what would you be? Research Geoscientist
7. What is your ‘spirit animal’? Dragon (I wish, but probably a cat named ‘Stoic’)
8. If you could only keep 5 possessions what would they be? Dignity, Hope, Compassion, Conviction, and Teeth (varies with magnitude of apocalypse)
9. What does a perfect day look like to you? Any that starts with a solid 8 hours sleep and ends with a solid 8 hours sleep
10. If you could witness any event of the past, present, or future, what would it be? Collision of the planetoid with Earth 4.5 billion years ago that created the Moon
11. What movie can you watch over and over again? The Bourne Series!