CARLIE RICE | Senior Architectural Technician and Studio Cultural Lead
Carlie Rice is a Senior Architectural Technician at Guymer Bailey Architects and brings a diverse background to projects having worked in the construction and architectural industry for over 20 years both locally and internationally in the UK and Ireland. Carlie has worked for several other prominent practices and has an extensive background in building services and engineering. With strong communication skills, detailed documentation and attention to detail, Carlie is known for her thorough communication through projects and ability to lead and organise multidisciplinary teams.
As part of her role at Guymer Bailey Architects Carlie is also the Studio Cultural Lead where she helps the team with recruitment, resourcing and project management as well as organising corporate and social events to maintain the reputation of being a great place to work.
1. What is your favourite food? All - am happy to give up Brussel sprouts for lent?
2. Who is your favourite Architect / Designer? Frank Gehry / Zaha Hadid
3. What do you love most about the design profession? Benevolence
4. What professional skill do you most admire in someone? Work ethic and manners – neither need a degree but get you everywhere
5. What’s your favourite building and/or landscape design? Guggenheim, Bilbao
6. What would you like to do that you haven’t yet? Go on a cruise
7. What place is on your bucket list to travel to? Egypt and Turkey
8. If you weren’t an Architect / L. Architect or Interior designer, what would you be? Events planner
9. What’s your favourite T.V show? I'm loving ‘The Crown’, but all time guilty favourite & happy to watch over & over, Sex & the City
10. If you were Prime Minister of Australia, what is the first thing you would do? Ensure that learning difficulties are recognized, diagnosed and funded adequately in our education system
11. What does a perfect day look like to you? Holiday at the beach – no cooking/housework
12. If you could witness any event of the past, present, or future, what would it be? PAST: Time with my grandparents & time with my kids as babies